lördag 23 oktober 2010

A purple heads up

Next wednesday, the 27th is the "wear purple for a given cause"-day. You will wear something purple, of course, and I got to thinking about purple food. Color-theme, goodie! A completely purple dish. Mabye even a three courser!

This tuesday, I woke up feeling a bit grumpy for no reason what so ever. As usual, I turned that grumpyness towards the most logical receiver. Humankind. Ah, sweet old trustworty humans. "Oh tin-cans lalalala in the garbage with the rest of it, lalala" "Oh, I GOT to have that new hairspray, it's f-a-b-o-u-l-o-u-s!!! What? Did something have to die when they saftey-tested it? Oh, well..." "My house, my husband/wife, my car, my dog, my kids, my money, my world, my... my... my..." "No that's just fiction. Noone will suffer." Etc etc. Egoistic, simple, narrow minded. That's humankind to me. Somedays. BUT! Somedays people do do something right, people take fights, people manifests, people show a good side!

On that cold, foggy, autumn afternoon, a notification appeared on our dear social netroom. "Wear purple for a given cause". Show your sympathy for those who aren't straight and "normal". An easy thing to do, it won't change the world but that kind of thing makes me feel ok with humankind. To see that people are willing to take side at least when it comes to obvious empathy.

Well, purple. Back to food. I'm not sure what I will do yet, it's a shame that we dont have those beautiful purple broccoli here in Stockholm that I saw last time I went to London. I'll come up with something. Something with aubergine maybe...



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar